Fletcher’s Sonoran Dog
Little known outside of Tucson, Arizona, the Sonoran Dog is a magical medley of bacon-wrapped sausage with unusual toppings like pinto beans, avocado, spicy mayonnaise, and pico de gallo. Customize yours by stuffing the sausage with cheese before wrapping, adding queso, or serving on a hoagie.
- 1 package Fletcher’s Redhook Beer Bratwurst
- 5-8 strips Fletcher’s Dry Cured Bacon
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 bolillo rolls, lightly split (but not cut through), toasted
- Pico de gallo
- Green salsa
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Yellow mustard
- Wrap each Redhook Beer Bratwurst with a strip of bacon. You can add more pieces as necessary so it covers most of the sausage. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
- Grill bacon-wrapped sausages until bacon is crisp. Pro tip: If you want crispier bacon, grill one side of the bacon first, then wrap around sausage, grilled side in.
- Meanwhile, drain and lightly heat pinto beans.
- When sausages are hot and bacon is crisp, top each bolillo roll with a spoonful of pinto beans, sliced avocado, Redhook Beer Bratwurst, another spoonful of beans, pico de gallo, and green salsa.
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, and hot sauce and spoon or squeeze over hot dogs. Add a strip of yellow mustard and serve with a knife and fork.
Share this Recipe!