A quick homemade alfredo mixed with store-bought pesto makes this a simple, flavorful dish that’s sure to satisfy. Toss in some peas for gorgeous color and bacon for that extra savory, salty bite and this just might become your new go-to weeknight comfort food recipe.
Serves: 6 as a main dish, 8-10 as a side dish
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tb butter
- 3/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C prepared pesto sauce
- 1 pkg (16 oz) bowtie pasta
- 1 1/2 C frozen peas
- 6 slices Fletcher’s bacon (we love the pepper crust bacon in this dish)
- salt & pepper
- Cook and crumble the bacon. Set aside.
- Prepare the pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Add the frozen peas to the boiling pasta for the final 2 minutes of cooking. When finished, drain but do not rinse.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the cream. Bring to a simmer and stir constantly for 3 minutes until the cream is slightly thickened. Avoid a hard boil.
- Remove the cream from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese a little at a time, allowing it to melt into the sauce.
- Add 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Stir in the prepared pesto sauce.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the pasta, peas, bacon, and sauce together.
- Serve hot as either a main dish or side.