What’s better than a regular hot dog? A hot dog, stuffed with cheese, and wrapped in bacon.
- Fletcher’s Mariner Beef Franks
- Cheddar cheese, cut into long 1/4-inch matchsticks
- Fletcher’s bacon, any variety
- Cut a slit lengthwise in the Mariner dogs. Don’t slice them all the way through.
- Stuff cheese into the opening.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the Mariner dog and secure it with toothpicks. Wrap a second slice of bacon around the Mariner dog so all of the gaps are covered and the cheese will not leak out when melted. Secure the second slice of bacon with toothpicks.
- Grill over medium-low heat, turning frequently, until the bacon is cooked. Monitor it closely while cooking so the bacon grease doesn’t flare up and cause the frank to burn.