Bacon, Peach & Basil Baked Brie
Creamy Brie cheese is wrapped in phyllo dough with crisp bacon, sweet peach jam and fresh basil, and then baked to perfection. A delicious and decadent appetizer - great for entertaining.
- 1 sheet of phyllo dough (thawed if frozen)
- 1 oz. round of Brie cheese
- 5 slices Fletcher's bacon
- 4 leaves fresh basil, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup peach jam
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Dice into about 1/2" pieces.
- Lay out sheet of phyllo dough and place cheese round in the middle (leave the rind on).
- Top with jam, basil and bacon.
- Bring up the edges of the dough, working your way around, tucking the dough as you go, making sure the edges are sealed.
- Brush with beaten egg over the top and sides of dough.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with sliced/toasted baguette, or your favorite crackers.