That’s right. There’s a holiday made JUST FOR YOU that you didn’t even know about.
National Bacon Lover’s Day is celebrated every year on August 20th, and in honor of the holiday we’re sharing some bacon-related stats.
- The average American eats 18 pounds of bacon per year.
- Nebraska is the top state for bacon consumption.
- Americans spend more than $4 billion on bacon annually.
- Bacon is the meat most likely to convert a vegetarian.
- Bacon causes a neurochemical response in your body which means it doesn’t just taste good – it makes you feel good, too.
- 23% of men identify bacon as their favorite scent.
- The complex flavor profile of bacon makes it nearly impossible to replicate – meaning if you want bacon, you should stick with the real thing.
- A slice of turkey bacon only contains 15 fewer calories than traditional pork bacon.
- 53% of American households keep bacon on hand at all times.
- 57% of bacon is consumed at breakfast.
While National Bacon Lover’s Day might not be a conventional holiday, we still think it deserves to be properly recognized. We’ll leave it up to exactly how you want to celebrate, but of course we’d like to suggest that you make Fletcher’s a part of it.
Which variety will you use for your bacon-filled celebration?
- Dry Cured Bacon
- Hickory Smoked Bacon
- Maple Flavor Bacon
- Pepper Crust Bacon
Find Fletcher’s bacon near you with our product locator!