- 1 lb. Fletcher's Louisiana Hot Links
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 small onion, peeled and cut in half crosswise
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 (6 inch) outdoor sandwich rolls, split and toasted
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Pierce sausage in a few places with a fork and set aside, Slice off the bottoms of onion halves so they will sit flat on the grill. Brush bell pepper and onion halves with 2 tsp olive oil.
- Place sausages, onions, and peppers on the preheated grill. Cook and turn the sausages until well browned and juices run clear, 165° internal. Cook vegetables until tender and peppers are slightly charred. Remove vegetables and sausages from the grill.
- Place peppers in a paper bag and close. Remove and discard charred skin from peppers and slice into strips. Slice onion halves. Place salt and pepper to taste and 1 Tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Add onion and peppers, toss until evenly coated.
- To serve, place sausages in outdoor sandwich rolls and top with pepper and onion mixture.