- 1 apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 stalk celery, very thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 Fletcher’s Bratwurst, butterflied and halved horizontally
- 1/2 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 4 pretzel buns, split
- Toss together apple, celery, radishes and green onions. Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper; toss with apple mixture. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well. Grill sausages, turning as needed, for 8 to 10 minutes or until well marked and cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese. Close lid; grill for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Toast buns alongside sausages until lightly golden.
- Arrange sausages on bottom half of each bun. Top with some of the apple mixture and cap with tops of buns. Serve immediately.
Tip: Substitute smoked Gouda, mozzarella, blue cheese or Havarti for Cheddar cheese if desired.